ISO : 50001 (Energy Management)
Using energy efficiently helps organizations save money as well as helping to conserve resources and tackle climate change. ISO 50001 supports organizations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy Management system (EnMS).
ISO 50001 is compatible with other recognized Management systems, such as ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
The ISO 50001 standard aims to:
- Assist organisations in improving energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
- Create transparency and facilitate communication on the Management of energy resources
- Promote energy Management best practices and behaviors.
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy - efficient technologies.
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Facilitate energy Management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- Allow integration with other organisational Management systems such as environmental, and health and safety.